About Us

My photo
At The Happy Starfish we are dedicated to providing a wealth of information, products, workshops and articles all aimed at celebrating health, happiness and peaceful living. We believe that life should be an awesome adventure filled with love; love life and life will love you back. Are you willing to surrender what you think you are for what you could become? Are you ready?

Friday 15 May 2015

Mental Health Awareness Week

2014-05-06-Mental-Health-Week
 
Count your blessings
Count? My mind is hazy. I cannot concentrate on the simplest of tasks.

Snap out of it
Snap? I have slept for twelve hours but still don’t have the energy to move.

A good meal will cheer you up
I told you I cannot eat. My throat is constricted, my stomach a mass of swirling emotions.

Turn that frown upside down 
I try. I really do, but my face feels like a grotesque mask.

If you can’t be bothered to help yourself
I am screaming for help, can’t you hear me? But the room is silent and you turn away.
 
 
It is Mental Health Awareness Week in the UK. Depression is not something you choose.
 
We have experience in teaching Mindfulness within the Mental Health field to sufferers and carers. 
Please contact us for more information.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment