About Us

My photo
At The Happy Starfish we are dedicated to providing a wealth of information, products, workshops and articles all aimed at celebrating health, happiness and peaceful living. We believe that life should be an awesome adventure filled with love; love life and life will love you back. Are you willing to surrender what you think you are for what you could become? Are you ready?

Friday 12 July 2013

The ultimate act of kindness

"Love is a fruit in season at all times and within reach of every hand". Mother Teresa





Dan Black was paralysed four years ago after being knocked off his bike but never gave up faith that he would walk again. After years of fundraising he reached £20,000 and his dream of medical treatment was becoming closer all the time. 


Dan, from South Wales, then came across the story of Brecon Vaughan, a five year old local boy with rare spastic diplegia cerebral palsy. Brecon's family were trying to raise £60,000 for an operation in America which would help him walk unaided for the first time.


As, the treatment Dan needed is still being developed, Brecon has a better chance of walking than Dan, causing Dan selflessly gave the money he had raised for his own operation to the young boy. Brecon now has over half the money he needs for his life changing op.


‘I know for me that things aren’t going to get better any time soon,’ Dan said. ‘I just wanted to do something that could help someone whose life could get better.


‘Brecon can definitely walk if he has the surgery. I wouldn’t wish being paralysed on anyone, so if I can help someone walk, I will.’

 

He continued: ‘While there is hope for Brecon, I will do everything I can, because I don’t want to see a young boy suffer.


‘I’m incredibly grateful to everyone who has helped me out but this boy needs it more than I do at the moment.


‘It would make me very happy to see the difference made to Brecon’s life. I just hope when I give the money it encourages others to [give].’


Brecon's mother said ‘What Dan has done is brilliant. So many people have helped Brecon and we are grateful to them all.’Mr Black's mother, Michaela, said: 'That little boy needs to be out playing football with his friends in the sunshine, not at home asking his mummy why he can't. I'm so proud of Daniel'


Brecon’s father Rob Vaughan, also 44, added: ‘Dan has given us a phenomenal amount of money. I don’t think it is even possible to say how grateful we are, or to put into words what it means.


‘It is incredible. How do you even start saying thank you for something like that?’


It's so heartwarming to come across a selfless act of kindness such as this. However crazy the world seems to get there are always good people doing good things. I applaud them.


 



http://www.justgiving.com/Brecons-SDR-Journey


No comments:

Post a Comment