About Us

My photo
At The Happy Starfish we are dedicated to providing a wealth of information, products, workshops and articles all aimed at celebrating health, happiness and peaceful living. We believe that life should be an awesome adventure filled with love; love life and life will love you back. Are you willing to surrender what you think you are for what you could become? Are you ready?

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Learn to Love Challenge




"Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you."
Oprah Winfrey

My 14 year old son is a huge inspiration to me. He absolutely throws himself 100% into everything he does and permanently has a smile on his face. He has never had (and I hope he never will have) a down day in his life.
His hobby is Youtube, which he films for constantly. The other day I discovered him throwing himself around the garden on a skateboard, with makeshift ramps everywhere, covered in cuts.
When I questioned him he said he was starting to film a series called ‘Learn to Love’ where he intends on experiencing things he has never tried before to see whether he has a passion for them.
I thought this was an awesome idea. I must admit I encourage my children to live as fully as they can each and every day and after seeing me lose my mobility following a car accident I hope they appreciate how precious life is. It dawned on me though that it had been a long time since I had tried anything new.
I decided to ‘borrow’ his Learn to Love idea. I have trawled through the list of things I had stored on my 'I will get round to trying one day' list and although many of them are now off limits due to physical limitations (lesson; never put anything off) tomorrow, having never attempted to play an instrument in my life, I am booked in for my first piano lesson.
My challenge to you this month is to do something new. So often we get so caught up in our own little routines and life can become quite mundane and it's easy to lose the light from behind our eyes.There must be at least one thing you have always wanted to try but have never found the time (or the courage) for. Take a deep breath and go for it.
Please share your experience via our community or facebook page. I would love to hear how you get on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment